Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Tremendous Relief

At 10pm Central Time Tuesday November 4th my wife and I shared the joy of countless millions worldwide as Barack Obama was elected President of the United States.
The news flashed over ABC-TV which I was watching at the time; I immediately went to KIOS-FM for confirmation and indeed the voice of KIOS host and announcer Mike Jacobs assured me that it was official.
It is a tremendous relief. Those of us who have followed the national political scene since the 1970s know full well the opportunities for positive change that could have been taken years ago; but were not. National Geographic magazines in my possession dating back to the 1970s describe then innovative forays into wind and solar power that were marginalized for decades. In an earlier post I described seeing a commercial from the 1970s that discussed the possibility of using pod cars and other innovative forms of mass transit as a solution to unclog the roads.
The need for alternative sources of energy and improved mass transit is readily apparent. Ideas such as these will likely inspire action by Obama and his adminstration. That is what gives me hope.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's going to be an interesting next four years. There are so many things that need to be done, so many that can be done...and it doesn't matter who sits in the White House, they all need to work together.