Monday, March 9, 2009

Embodied Spirit

These days a shift in my awareness has begun to take firm root. Many people perceive themselves as having "spiritual" experiences while in a human body/mind. For me, the opposite is the case: I am embodied spirit having the human body/mind experience. The essence of who I am will never be "in" a body/mind anywhere. In order to interface with this reality, I am obliged to assume the robes of human experience, which is always imperfect and subject to suffering. The point of view of embodied spirit does not make me special. However, it does give me an insight, and a clarity, from which I can proceed in the encounter with embodied experience. It frees me from a misunderstand­ing which has fueled countless religious illusions of man over the centuries. For this I am very, very grateful.

No comments: